Jianxiong Xiao (Professor X)
Department of Computer Science
35 Olden Street, Room 409
Princeton, NJ 08544
Email: xj [at] princeton [dot] edu
Students call me Professor X. If you want to know more about my actual name:
How to pronouce it? (click the [Speaker] button at the bottom left corner to hear the sound)
In the Wade-Giles system of romanization, it is rendered as Chien-Shiung Hsiao.
In Chinese characters, it is 肖健雄 (Simplified) or 蕭健雄 (Traditional).
Jianxiong Xiao is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Computer Science at Princeton University
and the director of the Princeton Vision & Robotics Lab. He received his Ph.D. from the Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Laboratory (CSAIL) at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) in 2013. Before that, he received a BEng. and MPhil. in Computer Science from the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology in 2009. His research focuses on bridging the gap between computer vision and robotics by building extremely robust and dependable computer vision systems for robot perception.
In particular, he is a pioneer in the fields of 3D Deep Learning, RGB-D Recognition and Mapping, Autonomous Driving, Deep Learning for Robotics, and Big Data Robotics.
His work has received the Best Student Paper Award at the European Conference on Computer Vision (ECCV) in 2012 and the Google Research Best Papers Award for 2012, and has appeared in the popular press. Jianxiong was awarded the Google U.S./Canada Fellowship in Computer Vision in 2012, the MIT CSW Best Research Award in 2011, and two Google Faculty Awards in 2014 and in 2015 respectively.
More information can be found at: http://vision.princeton.edu or http://robots.princeton.edu.
- Oct 15, 2016: International Workshop on Recovering 6D Object Pose.
- Oct 15, 2016: ECCV Workshop on Geometry Meets Learning + Deep learning Meets Geometry.
- Jun 19, 2016: RSS Workshop on Deep Learning for Autonomous Robots.
- May 12, 2016: Deep Learning Summit.
- Apr 07, 2016: MIT CSAIL.
- Apr 06, 2016: GPU Technology Conference (GTC).
- Apr 04, 2016: Zoox.
- Mar 28, 2016: Stanford University.
- Mar 25, 2016: Siemens.
- Mar 18, 2016: NVIDIA (Autonomous Driving).
- Mar 17, 2016: VALSE Webinar.
- Feb 29, 2016: CVPR AC Workshop.
- Feb 02, 2016: Center of Imaging Science, Johns Hopkins University.
Dec 17, 2015: ICCV Workshop on 3D Representation and Recognition (3dRR) 2015.
- Dec 07, 2015: Department of Cognitive Science, UCSD.
- Dec 04, 2015: Qualcomm, San Diego.
- Dec 03, 2015: NSF/Intel Visual and Experiential Computing.
- Aug 27, 2015: Conference Keynote, CAD/Graphics 2015.
- Jun 12, 2015: BigVision 2015: Workshop on Large Scale Visual Recognition and Retrieval.
- Jun 12, 2015: CVPR Workshop on 3D from a Single Image.
- Jun 03, 2015: Graphics Interface (GI) 2015.
- May 27, 2015: Deep Learning Summit.
- Apr 10, 2015: DARPA Workshop at DC.
- Mar 26, 2015: NYC Computer Vision Meetup.
- Mar 04, 2015: ECE Department Seminar, The University of Texas at Austin.
Advisory committee, University Grand Challenge on Autonomous Driving, ITS World Congress 2016.
IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR 2016).
Panelist, National Science Foundation (NSF).
Panelist, National Robotics Initiative (NRI).
International Evaluator, Swiss National Science Foundation (SNSF).
International Evaluator, Netherlands Organisation for Scientific Research (NWO).
International Journal of Computer Vision (IJCV).
- Co-chair, Large-scale Scene Understanding Challenge Workshop (LSUN) in CVPR 2016.
- Co-chair, Scene Understanding Workshop (SUNw) in CVPR 2016.
- Co-chair, 3D Deep Learning with Marvin, in CVPR 2016.
- Co-chair, Large-scale Scene Understanding Challenge Workshop (LSUN) in CVPR 2015.
- Co-chair, Scene Understanding Workshop (SUNw) in CVPR 2015.
- Co-chair, Object Understanding for Interaction in ICCV 2015.
- Co-chair, Scene Understanding Workshop (SUNw) in CVPR 2014.
- Co-chair, RGB-D workshop in RSS 2014.
Reconstruction Meets Recognition Challenge (RMRC) in ECCV 2014.
- Co-chair, Scene Understanding Workshop (SUNw) in CVPR 2013.
Reconstruction Meets Recognition Challenge (RMRC) in ICCV 2013.
- PC Vice Chair,
- Google Research Awards (2015)
- Google Research Awards (2014)
- Google Research Best Papers Award (2013)
- ECCV 2012 Best Student Paper Award (2012)
- Google Fellowship in Computer Vision (2012)
- ACCV 2012 Best Reviewer Award (2012)
- MIT CSW Best Presentation Run-up (2012)
- MIT CSW Best Research Award (2011)
- HKUST Academic Achievement Medal (2007)
- I am a proud father of two sons, Jesse and Jack.